Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Clear Snowboards.

Since my early days of snowboarding, i've been agonized by the fact that my snowboard wasn't clear. Since all of my boards have been solid, I haven't been able to see the snow I'm standing on to see if its different from the snow over there. I mean, during all of the group shots my board was in my way to block the ever popular peace sign that we all would throw up, or when I'm riding the lift and I see a skiier flying down the hill and bite it right as we go over them on the lift and my board blocks my view. Now with this clear snowboard, the photograph will show my ever-cool peace sign, I'll be able to see the skier bite it hard, when I'm sliding that box people will think I'm that talented that i can slide that box without a board, and fall without a board too!
Photobucket
So, this company based out of Tahoe decided to solve this dilemma with a clear snowboard. It is made out of Bayer Makrolon, also used in things as fighter jet canopies and bullet-proof windows. So, just in case there is a shootout on the mountain, you can use your board as a shield. The entire board is made out of this material and you can sharpen your edges if you like just like you would a 'normal' snowboard.

I have no idea how this board rides, considering I've never ridden one. But I hope this blog was insightful and for all of those plagued by the idea of a solid snowboard, this is your ticket to happiness. Check out their website at www.makboard.com for all of the details. They have pictures of riders and videos of the board moving down the hill, so they must be doing something correctly. (I hope some of you found this interesting and maybe were as weirded out as i was by this!) If any of you ride this, please fill me in on the details!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awsome dude!! Keep up the insightful news!! Can't wait to try the clear board!!

Anonymous said...

haha clear boards?! how do the bindings mount onto this? crazy

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Crystal Pepsi! That didn't last long either.

Anonymous said...

I think that would trip me out!

Anonymous said...

haha, the guys that build these things used to live right down the street from me, they are nice guys but the boards they build are ridiculous. They used to call them noboards until the sport that we know as noboarding patented the name and took it away from them, now they are makboards. They are always coming into my shop and trying to get me to ride one of these piles. Pretty funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

i want my skate deck to be clear, maybe that is next.