Monday, October 6, 2008

Support Local!

Hello Internet world. I was poking around on some websites, checking out all of the new '08-'09 gear and realized just how many on-line shops there are out there AND how many shops carry every single brand. I could locate a shop that had the board I was looking at just about anywhere in the United States. OR the on-line shop would ship it to me, and also give me advice on eight other items I should buy because it'll make my kit that much more awesome.
Well, what if I don't want a computer telling me what else I need in my kit. Why do I need that extra scarf steeze? Will that honestly improve my riding? Why do I need that Burton tee shirt? Buying your kit for the season should be a personal experience and one that fits exactly to your riding style. How is a computer going to offer me purple and pink snow pants to go with my black men's jacket I was going to buy?

Local shops (aka enclave) are what breathe life into the sport of snowboarding and skating. The people that work in the local shops have developed such a passion for the sport and want to share it with the customers. When you come in for your 1st board, I want to help you find one that will fit to what you want to do, what you like to ride and also give you options on what bindings and boots will work best to give you the ultimate ride. A computer can show you the options but can't explain to you why this will work best for you.

Or you can walk into one of the giant mall stores that sell shred materials and come over over-whelmed and with a kit that doesn't suit you. Cause half the time those kids don't know or don't care. I don't think myself or any of the kids I ride with would be where they were without the support of local shops to help get us into the contests, give us free samples or product, help us with tips on tricks...

Basically this whole rant has one theme, support local. We're here cause we love the sport! And want you to love it too! That's why enclave picked up the best of the best for the upcoming winter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is Trailblazer pretending to be a core skate & snow shop. I see people like Jeff @ Day One, Barry @ Academy, Lou @ Channel 1, Anthony @ Eastern Pulse, Dave @ Fifth Dimension, Harley @ Mass Appeal, and Craig @ Cutting Edge as the "real core" shops that support the local scene with shoe-string budgets. The fact your money comes from gambling and this is an attempt to cool is crazy. At least Zumiez is not hiding what they are.

Anonymous said...

2 of the employees at enclave came over from Burton, who are hardcore riders and love the sport. enclave has good prices and great deals. They support the local scene, i dont know why you think they wouldn't!

Anonymous said...

I love all the hate you bring to this blog. It makes me feel special that you take time out of your day to recognize what we are doing. Thanks for all the support!

Anonymous said...

what is the gambling money thing about?