Monday, September 29, 2008

March to your own Beat.

Snow is on its way. A friend told me the mountains in Colorado already received a dusting. Kids are starting to set up rail jams and take 'snow' from the ice rinks, planning the road trips cross country to move to Mammoth, Tahoe, Colorado, etc, and trying to snake as much free gear as they can for the upcoming season. So, break out those boots from the attic, tune or de-tune that board, cut the tags off all the new gear you bought for this season or febreeze your old gear if you were like some people I know and just put it into a duffel bag after your last day and let it develop a nice, ripe stench.

I was going through a random "Shred" playlist I found on my i-pod and it made me reminisce and also laugh about some of the tunes I was bumpin' and shreddin' to down the hill and through the park. I had everything from Iron Maiden, GNR, to Eddie Murphy, 50 Cent, to Simon Rex aka Dirty Nasty's '1980'. Some of my friends can listen to trance music or all heavy metal and go nuts in the woods on powder days and go big in the park. I like a variety.

So, what about you new haven folk? What do you listen to while you shred the epic gnar? Do you like sappy chick music that makes you feel all sad and depressed to go big on those jumps? Turn up the 80's rock like Poison and wear tight pants and rock the park and become part of the scene? Listen to underground hip hop and just enjoy the shredding of the gnar? Or are you one of those kids who wears 3XL tall tee's, baggiest of pants with a jersey and become the star of your own-made up hip hop music video while you ride down the hill? WHATEVER you chose, we accept all types at enclave.
Photobucket Photobucket

And I want to know what you listen to. Maybe I'll even try it out while I'm shredding no matter what it is, we don't discriminate down here. Rock the ear buds? Skullcandy? Old school Sony headphones? You do you and whatever you gotta do to get down that hill, be epic in your own right and show off for all the kids riding up the lift over the park.
Do your thing, we support it.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FRANK ZAPPA. or beasite boys.

that is all. !

Anonymous said...

Beastie Boys!

Anonymous said...

MGMT. or anything bass kleph.