Monday, March 2, 2009

What is happening to the industry?

I found an article about this new snowboard to hit the market... and it made me laugh, cringe and then wonder who would actually spend an obscene amount of money on this. Ladies and gentlemen, CHANEL has crossed over to our side and entered the snowboard market. Now you can match your designer bag, with your designer moon boots with your designer snowboard.
Ok, so who would actually buy it? No one I know, unless some of my snowboard bum friends have been holding out on me. I doubt the board even performs well, and after doing some research I could not find any reviews on the board, etc. It says it is made out of wood, resin and fiberglass. I hope that they 'forgot' to mention some other ingredients otherwise this board would be an interesting ride. I wonder how many sizes it comes in?
I have a small feeling that whoever does purchase this board is much more concerned with fashion, image and brand-names then actually riding. The most action this board probably sees is the roof rack and the ski rack or wall outside of the lodge/bar.
Photobucket

No comments: